Eligibility is open to all and NOT limited to UChicago-affiliated startups:
- Focus area must be in one of the areas this accelerator is designed to support: (1) energy storage and infrastructure, (2) next generation nuclear solutions, (3) hydrogen and alternative fuels, or (4) materials refinement and process intensification.
- The startup must be an established U.S. legal entity at the time of entry to the program.
- A core team should be in place including a technical lead and business lead.
- The CEO/CTO must be able to work side-by-side with other cohort members in Chicago and immerse in the regional cleantech ecosystem for designated periods during the 9-month hybrid program.
- Preference for early-stage ventures (established within the last 3 years) past the ideation stage with well-established proof-of-concept data.
- The startup should not have more than $1M raised in dilutive funding (no cap on non-dilutive funding).
- Note: The accelerator will take 1% equity in post-money SAFE for program participation. The $30K cash investment will have a separate SAFE.