The Resurgence cleantech accelerator is powered by Deep Tech Ventures at the University of Chicago’s Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Startups will gain access to business training and technical advisement, premier facilities, industry mentors, student talent, and venture capital, as well as additional funding opportunities. This 9-month hybrid program is designed to support ventures that are focused on four specific areas of the cleantech industry:
- Energy storage and infrastructure – Batteries and grid-scale storage solutions capable of transporting and modulating dynamic energy flows.
- Next-generation nuclear solutions – Next-generation nuclear breakthroughs enabling a sustainable and stable baseline energy supply.
- Hydrogen and alternative fuels – Alternative fuels for ultra-high energy density applications in which rapid fuel-ups and safe transport are necessary.
- Materials refinement and process intensification – New materials/catalysts, recapture of economic minerals and their place in a circular economy; process modifiers that minimize waste and maximize efficiency.
PLEASE NOTE: No University of Chicago affiliation is required for participation.
Resurgence Cohort 1 >>
- Alpha Nur // Alpha Nur is pioneering nuclear fuel recycling technologies for clean energy and national security by converting highly enriched uranium (HEU) into high assay, low-enriched uranium (HALEU).
- Blaze Power // Blaze Power is championing the power of lithium manganese iron phosphate (LMFP) and iron-based cathodes and advancing sustainability with next-gen battery materials.
- C+UP // C+UP’s carbon capture and utilization technology converts carbon dioxide and renewable electricity to sustainable propane as a non-fossil renewable fuel and chemical feedstock.
- ExPost Technology // ExPost has developed an approach that allows for the efficient regeneration of vital cathode active materials from both manufacturing scraps and spent batteries.
- Natural Science // Natural Science uses natural and environmentally benign materials to tackle oil spills, chemical spills, and water reclamation at the molecular level.
- Stranergy // Stranergy is leveraging the power of additive manufacturing and smart fabrication to transform Vanadium Flow Batteries.
Resurgence is a cleantech accelerator powered by Polsky Deep Tech Ventures in partnership with the Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering.
Resurgence is supported by its partners, including Breakthrough Energy, Constellation, ExxonMobil Corporation, and Invenergy.