The Polsky Exchange is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to members utilizing workspace and resources.
Operated by the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, the Polsky Exchange is a 34,000-square-foot startup incubator featuring work and meeting spaces, a Small Business Development Center, and a full calendar of programming and workshops designed to help entrepreneurs launch and grow their ventures. Part of UChicago’s commitment to supporting economic development in the community, the Polsky Exchange has two buildings on Hyde Park’s vibrant 53rd Street corridor – Exchange North at 1452 E. 53rd St. (open week days 8am-8pm) and Exchange South at 1463 E. 53rd St. (open week days 9am-5pm).
Membership is composed of business owners and innovators in the community as well as UChicago students, faculty, and staff actively working on entrepreneurial ventures or involved in Polsky Center programs.
As a member of the Polsky Exchange, the following resources are available to you:
- Workspace: Access to the workspace in Polsky Exchange North Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Polsky Exchange South Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This includes access to the conference rooms for hosting business meetings and conference calls.
- Small Business Development Center: Offering no-cost, one-on-one confidential business advice to pre-venture entrepreneurs and existing business owners seeking assistance with growth plans, marketing strategy, financial reviews, and more.
- Programs and Workshops: Invitations to workshops on innovation and entrepreneurship topics, and assistance in applying to the Polsky Center’s free, cohort-based programs for community entrepreneurs such as the Small Business Growth Program and Small Business Financial Fundamentals.
- Mentorship: The Polsky Center has 100+ mentors who are ready to meet with you virtually or in person and assist you in navigating your business challenges and to plan for growth and scale.
- Tech Bar: On-site IT Services assistance for members is available at Polsky Exchange North, and members are eligible to claim tech enablement benefits (like $5,000 in AWS credits).
The Polsky Exchange is not accepting new members at this time – we currently have over 1,000 members – but our staff will contact you when membership reopens in late spring 2024.
Interested in being a member of the Polsky Exchange? Fill out our waiting list form.