Thanks to a generous gift from Rattan L. Khosa, ’79, a multi-pronged program for students launching businesses with support of the Polsky Center has been established.
Aspiring entrepreneurial students at Chicago Booth will benefit from a $5 million gift from Booth alumnus Rattan Khosa, founder, president, and CEO of AMSYSCO Inc.
Khosa’s $5 million gift will establish the Rattan L. Khosa Student Entrepreneurs Program at the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
The new programs are:
- Rattan L. Khosa First-Place Prize at the Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge is awarded to the winning team at the NVC.
- Rattan L. Khosa Entrepreneurial Fellowships are awarded to two graduating entrepreneurs who are dedicated to building their ventures full-time. As part of the Polsky Founders’ Fund Fellowship program, these fellowships provide a one-year stipend awarded quarterly, and also include one-on-one mentoring with Rattan Khosa.
- Rattan L. Khosa Entrepreneurial Interns receive financial support to work for either a startup company or on their own startup. Three interns are named within the Entrepreneurial Internship program.
- Rattan L. Khosa “Against All Odds” Student Award is awarded annually to a graduating student who has overcome significant hurdles to launch his or her business.
- Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. Through keynote fireside chats, panel discussions, and various networking sessions, SeedCon provides opportunities for entrepreneurs, investors, and passionate members of the startup ecosystem to explore emerging industry themes and connect over shared ideas. With an impressive lineup of speakers, the conference extends beyond the campus and attracts a broad audience from the greater startup and investor community.