ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The UChicago Private Markets Program is a one-week immersive academic and career-oriented program to educate students in the Private Markets through theory, cases, and modeling workshops, and position them to pursue professional opportunities in investment banking, private equity, private credit, family capital and private markets investing.
Supported by a generous gift from Amy Carbone AB ’83 and Paul Carbone AB ’83, the Private Markets Program is offered jointly by the University of Chicago Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation together with the College’s Office of Career Advancement.
Students will complete guided on line training modelling modules prior to the beginning of the program and participate in lectures on private markets key accounting, finance and valuation concepts. Students will have the opportunity to build detailed operating models, financial statements models, leverage finance models, comparables valuation models and integrated leveraged buyout (LBO) and growth capital models.
Participants will additionally learn from investment cases presented by experienced professionals from leading firms which may include Ares Management, Adams Street, GTCR, Insight Partners, Linden Capital Partners, Pritzker Private Capital, and Thoma Bravo. At the conclusion of the program, students will compete in an LBO transaction case competition.
The weeklong program will also include dinners and networking opportunities with Chicago area Booth students & Booth alumni along with experienced financial professionals. Additional benefits include:
- Welcome Remarks and an Introduction to Private Markets by Steve Kaplan, Neubauer Family Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance and Kessenich E.P. Faculty Director at the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Lecture Sessions hosted in the Chicago Booth Harper Center
- Final Day Networking Session with Chicago area Booth students & Booth Alumni
- Fall Quarter appointments with Chicago Booth Mentors in Residence
- Introduction to Private Markets
- Introduction to key theoretical concepts in Private Markets accounting, finance, investments
- Modelling workshops: Operational model, Financial Statements, Leverage Finance, Comparable Valuation, LBO and Growth Capital
- Private Markets Cases and Conversations
- Special session in Family Capital Investing
EXCLUSIVE NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
Students will meet and network with Chicago Booth students, staff, alumni, and Chicago-area finance professionals through case studies, networking receptions, company visits, and more. In addition, students will also have the opportunity to schedule fall quarter appointments with Chicago Booth Mentors in Residence.