Polsky Announces 2021 Founders Fund Fellows, Who Receive Support While Working Full-Time on Their Ventures
The Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021 Polsky Founders Fund Fellowship (PF3), a resource for graduating students who are committed to working on their ventures full-time after graduation.
Each individual accepted into the fellowship is provided with up to $24,000 in the form of a Simple Agreement for Future Equity (SAFE), which is paid out to an incorporated entity in quarterly intervals of $6,000 over one year. Fellows also receive quarterly coaching check-ins with the Polsky Center.
The fellowship is available to students graduating from any degree program at the University of Chicago whose business is incorporated and has already gained credible traction.
The 2021 Founders Fund fellows are:
- Dip Majumder and Tina Djenge // Neural Trend// Neural Trend is a cloud-based platform that helps fashion and beauty retailers predict apparel demand so they can promote and source the right merchandise, thereby improving revenue while cutting the cost of operation.
- Sean Liu // Ping // Ping provides a SaaS based wearable tech solution for older adults in the senior living and home care spaces.
- Whitney McElwain and Veena Krishnan // Resette // Resette custom blends makeup and skincare into one product to simplify routines and offer personalized skinwear with benefits.
- Ari Perlin // Vaizian // Vaizian is a medical software company that helps ER doctors rapidly diagnose and treat patients by statistically assessing clinical data.
- Marco Lagone // Recreaish // Recreaish is an on-demand platform whose mission is to make pickup sports accessible to all.
- Helena Kim and Camryn Ross // Fillow // Fillow disrupts the feminine hygiene industry by giving women a product that is long-lasting, comfortable and leak-free, while also providing women with a voice in a historically stigmatized and stagnant market.
- Gopi Saladi // Aquagenixpro // Aquagenixpro is an artificial intelligence-enabled digital platform for aquaculture farmers in India that offers real-time monitoring of shrimp biological growth, appetite, and symptoms of disease outbreaks.
Learn more about the Polsky Founders Fund Fellowship here.