Phase II Teams Selected for the 2020 Alumni New Venture Challenge
The Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is pleased to announce the 29 teams advancing to Phase II of the 2020 Alumni New Venture Challenge (ANVC), a new track of its nationally-ranked Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge. The ANVC is a new global program dedicated to supporting all University of Chicago alumni who are in the process of launching and developing their startup ventures.
Of the teams advancing to Phase II, 23 have team leads that are graduates of Chicago Booth, 3 have team leads that are graduates of the College, and 3 have team leads that graduated from non-Booth masters programs. Over the next few months, semifinals pitch events will be organized and hosted in each region (Midwest, East Coast, West Coast, Europe, Asia, and Latin America) where all teams will present their businesses to a panel of distinguished judges and venture capitalists. Only the top team(s) from each region will then be invited to pitch at the ANVC global finals, which will be held in Chicago on April 23, 2020.
Teams advancing to phase II of the ANVC arc:
West Coast (San Francisco Bay Area)
- Eco To Go’ mission is to replace disposable single use products in the food service industry with durable products by delivering clean service ware on a daily basis.
- Memento is an app-based service that allows families to automatically curate the funniest moments from their conversations.
- Repositax provides companies a secure storage, sharing and analysis system for their partnership tax returns.
- Zimbali Networks is developing “JustPayMe”, a fast, secure, and global integrated credit card and payments solution.
- Aarca Research is a health-tech company, whose product is a diagnostic method for the risk evaluation of Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, and Dyslipidemia.
- Avivo BIooptics is optimizing the cancer screening process by introducing its InPoint System, which empowers primary care physicians to make immediate and informed decisions while improving patient testing compliance.
- The NeuroPath digital health platform captures data and detects events from the daily living of Parkinson’s patients by using state-of-art technologies to track their physical, mental, and social health.
- Opssian is a Saas business that aims to provide the easiest way to generate actionable insights from photos and document scans for manufacturing operations.
- Speeko is an early-stage technology company reimagining the future of communication coaching.
- Sympatic is a cloud service that enables data owners to make data available for single-use analysis without copying or losing control over their data.
- The Matriculadies provides online essay coaching for international students applying to US colleges and universities.
East Coast (New York City)
- Addinex is preventing prescription drug misuse and addiction.
- Best Fleet Inc strives to improve the CO2 footprint and contribute to the reduction of road congestions nationally and globally by moving freight with fewer resources.
- Energetically is creating a modular, sustainable platform to make clean water and energy accessible to all.
- Hystake is a financial data marketplace which offers cleansed data on top of raw data to save quantitative analysts from tedious data cleaning.
Latin America (Sao Paulo)
- Cilia is an online consumer lending platform with a feature allowing users to generate additional income.
- VIU is a security platform that utilizes crowd and government sourced data to keep people safe and informed about crime and emergency events.
- VYTA is an online platform that offers personalized vitamins and supplements delivered directly to the consumer.
- Beekin provides a predictive analytics SaaS platform to commercial real estate investors.
- Clusive is the first online directory and media platform for the global disabilities and special needs community.
- REAL is a dating/matchmaking app.
- Teknobuilt helps reduce costs and maintain schedules in construction projects.
- WhiteLab develops AI solutions to allow biotech and pharma companies to bring more gene therapies to the market at a significant lower cost.
Asia (Hong Kong)
- 4Contractors is a construction-tech company focusing on helping SME Contractors increase their revenues, improve their profitability, and reduce the risk of doing business.
- Cedarwood Eduventures is a platform for aggregation of Tutors in K12 education.
- Golden Fox Sports Academy has developed a proprietary football training program to train kids from ages 4 to 14.
- Koinbros develops high-frequency trading strategies specifically for the cryptocurrency markets.
- Mamoru is a technology platform that re-engineers traditional asset care and protection processes to create value for all stakeholders.
- Tickendy is the first eco-friendly platform that allows establishments to digitize purchase receipts and store them on the user’s mobile app.