We welcome visitors and prospective members to join us for a tour of the Polsky Exchange. Tours are held regularly. For a complete schedule and to sign up, please visit: polskytours.eventbrite.com.
Directions to the Polsky Exchange
Polsky Exchange Locations
Polsky Exchange North (NOTE: This is the main entrance)
1452 E 53rd Street, Chicago, IL 60615
Polsky Exchange South and Fab Lab
1463 E 53rd Street, Chicago, IL 60615
When visiting us at the Polsky Exchange, be sure to use one of the methods outlined below:
Polsky Express Shuttle: The Polsky Express Shuttle picks up and drops off at four Polsky Center locations every 20 minutes. Stops include:
The Polsky Exchange
53rd Street and Harper Avenue
The Shoreland Building
5454 South Shore Drive
The Booth School
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue and
5801 S. Ellis Avenue
- The Polsky Exchange
- 53rd Street Shuttle: The University's 53rd Street Shuttle picks up and drops off at the northeast corner of 53rd and Harper Court, just south of the building entrance, on the hour (:00) and half hour (:30) from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- The shuttles are free for Polsky Exchange members as well as UChicago and UChicago Medicine students, faculty, and staff. You can use the TransLoc website or app to plan your trip. (You can also refer to the "transit" section of the UChicago app.)
- There is also a shuttle that loops twice between Argonne National Laboratory and the University of Chicago, with a stop just a few blocks away at 55th and Lake Park. Learn more on the Argonne shuttle page.
By Public Transit
- Metra: The Polsky Exchange is located very near the 51st/53rd Street stop of the Metra Electric line, a <15 minute ride from Millennium Station downtown. Use Booth Scoot or the Metra website for schedule and fare information.
- CTA: You can also use Google maps to find the best way to reach the Polsky Center locations via the CTA from your location.
- Driving Directions: The Polsky Exchange is just west of Lake Shore Drive on 53rd Street. Use Google maps to plan your route.
- Parking: Metered and neighborhood street parking are available nearby. For meter parking, we recommend using ParkChicago to pay for parking with your phone, allowing you to extend your time without having to leave the Polsky Exchange. There is also some free neighborhood parking along the streets of Hyde Park, but be sure to be aware of parking signs and conditions that will elicit parking fines and violations. The closest paid parking garage is located on Lake Park north of 53rd Street, just south of the McDonalds. Another paid parking surface lot is located just north of the Harper Theater on Harper Ave.
- Divvy: The Divvy Bike system has a number of stations located around the Hyde Park area. The closest stations are located on the corner of 53rd and Lake Park, 53rd and Kimbark, and finally Hyde Park Blvd and Blackstone Ave by the Kenwood Academy high school.
- Your Own Bike: There are bike racks outside near the Polsky Exchange, at A10, by the Hyatt hotel, and on Harper Court. In addition, there are indoor bike racks in the nearby public garage. To access these racks, enter the Harper Court breezeway (next to Red Mango on the Harper Court side and AT&T on the Lake Park side) and take your bikes up the retail elevator to the racks on the second floor, in the southwest corner. All CTA buses are equipped with bike racks, and Metra allows bikes on trains with some limitations.