Polsky Exchange Capital Series – LISC Chicago
Speaker: Marcus Yancey, Economic Development & Special Projects Officer, LISC.
LISC focuses on bolstering entrepreneurs whose lack of access to capital and services reflects deep, longstanding structural inequities. They do this by providing direct grants and loans to business owners, and by supporting “high touch,” culturally competent local business development organizations that can help entrepreneurs access capital, upgrade marketing and accounting systems, troubleshoot problems, or find affordable commercial space.
This series features presentations by capital providers and information about how to access different forms of capital. Each investor or lender will speak on:
• The types of businesses they fund and the funding they make available,
• What makes a successful ask for capital,
• Examples of success stories, and
• How to apply/pitch for funds.
* This is a hybrid event. If you need to join virtually, please look for the Zoom link sent via email before the event.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.