TransparentCareer is a network-based compensation sharing platform that allows users to understand their fair pay and visualize their entire career paths. Founded in 2015 by Mitch Kirby, MBA ’16, and current Chicago Booth student, Kevin Marvinac, the company’s first platform, TransparentMBA enabled business professionals to make smarter career choices and matches employers with the right business talent. Today, nearly half of all MBA students in the US use TransparentCareer to discover better data on what different companies paid MBAs, overall job enjoyment, how different choices impact long-term careers, and more. Not only are other MBA students impressed, so were the judges at the 2016 NVC. So much so that TransparentCareer was awarded $90,000 and named the first place winner of the competition that year. Give @get_transparent a follow to see how to position yourself for your next big career move.
- Founded by Mitch Kirby, MBA ’16 and Kevin Marvinac, MBA candidate.
- 1st place at the 2016 NVC ($90,000)
- Accepeted into the Pritzker Group Venture Fellows Program for summer 2016 (earned $20,000 in funding)
- Partnering with MBA programs across the United States including Chicago Booth
- Headquartered in Chicago, IL