Tovala, is a smart counter-top appliance that cooks a fresh, complete meal by itself, after customers insert fresh grains, vegetables, and proteins into custom pods. CEO and founder, David Rabie, MBA ’15, started his company in hopes of creating a home-cooked meal in less time. With the mission to live and eat well, David and his team won first place at the 2015 Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge (NVC) bringing home $70,000, along with some great meals. Today, the Tovala team is based in Chicago and exceeded its kickstarter campaign goal of $100,000 in less than 24 hours. Today, you can buy your very own Tovala steam oven and impress all your dinner guest with some impressive meals. Follow @tovalafood and see what’s for dinner.
- Founded in 2015 (CEO and Founder, David Rabie)
- 1st place at the 2015 NVC ($70,000)
- Named one of four Pritzker Group Venture Capital Fellows for the 2015 summer program
- Kickstarter campaign exceeds $100,000 goal in less than 24 hours of launch
- I-Corps Participant
- Founder, David Rabie, MBA ’15, is a PF3 Fellow (2015)
- UChicago Startup Investment Program Recipient