2018 Spring Cohort Finalists Selected for the UChicago Innovation Fund
The Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Chicago has announced the five companies moving on to the spring finals of the University of Chicago Innovation Fund. Each of the finalists will present their ventures to the Innovation Fund advisory committee and public audience on Thursday, May 31 at the Polsky Exchange.
The Innovation Fund is a multi-million dollar fund that invests in proof-of-concept and early business development work for viable new startups created by faculty and students.
Learn more about the spring cohort finalists:
- BiomeSense is developing a fully automated biosensor for low-cost, scalable microbiome testing. The device will solve the cost and patient adherence problems with current testing methods, making longitudinal sampling routine. This will exponentially improve the data available to researchers, accelerating the microbiome’s integration into therapeutic development, clinical practice, and more.
- ForeseeABill is an innovative platform technology that provides research hospitals, contract research organizations, and biopharmaceutical companies with decision support in identifying the appropriate payer for every test, procedure, and service performed during a clinical trial. ForeseeABill allows researchers to spend less time navigating burdensome and complex billing rules and more time on the job that matters – bringing novel treatment options to patients.
- LiveBeat strives to improve prenatal care by providing expectant mothers assurance they need anywhere anytime and helps doctors improve fetal health management by providing them reliable, convenient solutions to monitor fetal health outside of the hospitals.
- Nanopattern Technologies applies breakthrough research to expand the utilization of nano-materials past current cost and precision barriers. The company is prototyping its technology by creating the first quantum dot micro-display with the resolution and energy-efficiency necessary for next-generation mobile and virtual reality device makers.
- PartnerOwn is introducing the Shared Responsibility Mortgage, a new mortgage product for low down-payment borrowers that reduces monthly payments in times of housing market distress to reduce foreclosures, stabilize communities and enhance returns for mortgage investors.
*The UChicago Innovation Fund was renamed the George Shultz Innovation Fund in recognition of the honorable George P. Shultz.