The purpose of the Postdoctoral Society of Argonne (PSA) is to enhance the individual postdoctoral educational experience at Argonne National Laboratory. Argonne will benefit from the society since the engagement of individual postdocs will prepare them better for future accomplishments. The PSA will accomplish this mission through:
- Introduction to the Laboratory
- A peer society and support group, especially for newcomers
- Enhanced interdisciplinary collaborations through communication among postdocs from all divisions
- Enhanced postdoc safety through education and awareness
- Assisting in implementing a mentoring program for all postdocs
- Promoting networking within ANL and other institutions
- Promoting career development via seminars series and career fairs.