2017-2018 Info Session
Monday, October 23, 2017
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Harper Center, Room C-25
5807 S. Woodlawn Ave, Chicago 60637
2017-2018 Application Deadline
Monday, November 13, 2017
12:00 p.m. (noon)
General Timing Information
The Private Equity & Venture Capital Lab is a minimum two-term process, including an extensive application and selection procedure, as well as a spring term course and 10-week internship. Internships may take place during the winter quarter only, spring quarter only, or both quarters. A full calendar is outlined below:
- After students apply, Firms complete a survey outlining their criteria for an intern.
- Students are matched with firms based on various factors, including the specific criteria of the firm and the background of the student.
- Student resumes are sent to select firms based on the matching process.
- Firms review student resumes and select students they wish to interview.
- Interviews take place and firms make final decisions.
- Selected students gain entry into the course. In order to be enrolled in the Lab course, students must notify the Polsky Center of their selection by a firm.
- Internships may begin as early as January or as late as April.
- Early April: Lab class (BUS 34702) begins.
- Students intern 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Firms submit midterm and final evaluations of their intern.
- Early June: Lab course ends.
- Internships may continue into the summer, depending on the respective firm’s need and resources. This is discussed on an individual basis between the student and the firm.