A timeline for the 2019-2020 program is listed below:
- Tuesday, October 15: Info Session on PE/VC Lab at Harper Center (Register Here)
- Saturday, October 19: Info Session on PE/VC Lab at Gleacher Center (Register Here)
- October: Application Open
- Monday, November 11: Application Deadline
- December: Resumes are distributed to firms
- December – March: Students are contacted by firms for interviews
- January – June: Students intern with firms
- April – June: PE/VC Lab Course
General Timing Information
The Private Equity and Venture Capital Lab is a two-term commitment, including an application and selection process, a minimum 10 week internship, and a spring term course. Internships may take place during the winter quarter only, spring quarter only, or both quarters. A full calendar is outlined below:
- Students apply.
- Firms complete a survey outlining their criteria for an intern.
- Students are matched with firms based on various factors, including the specific criteria of the firm and the background of the student.
- Student resumes are sent to select firms based on the matching process.
- Firms review student resumes and select students they wish to interview.
- Interviews take place and firms make final decisions. Selected students gain entry into the course. In order to be enrolled in the Lab course, students must notify the Polsky Center of their selection by a firm.
- Internships may begin as early as January or as late as April.
- Early April: Lab class (BUS 34702) begins.
- Firms submit midterm and final evaluations of their intern.
- Early June: Lab course ends.
- Internships may continue into the summer, depending on the respective firm’s need and resources. This is discussed on an individual basis between the student and the firm.