A timeline for the 2021-2022 program is listed below:
- September: Firms complete a survey outlining their criteria for an intern
- October 4: PE/VC Lab info session
- October 4: Student Application Opens
- October 15: Student application deadline
- November 15: Deadline for firms to select interns for Winter term registration
- October – March: Students may be contacted by firms for interviews.
- February 21: Deadline for firms to select interns for Spring term registration
- January – June: Selected students intern with firms for a minimum of 10 weeks
- January – March: Winter Term of the PE/VC Lab course takes place
- April – June: Spring Term of the PE/VC Lab course takes place
General Timing Information
The Private Equity and Venture Capital Lab is a two-term commitment, including an application and selection process, a minimum 10 week internship, and a winter or spring term course. A full calendar is outlined below:
September – October
- Firms complete a survey outlining their criteria for an intern.
- Students apply to the program indicating up to 25 firms of interest.
- Student resumes are sent to participating host firms based on the firms of interest indicated on the student application.
- Firms review student resumes and select students they wish to interview.
- Interviews take place and firms make final decisions. Selected students gain entry into the course. In order to be enrolled in the Lab course, students must notify the Polsky Center of their selection by a firm.
- Internships may begin as early as January or as late as April.
- Students will be enrolled in the course on a rolling basis – first filling the winter term course, then the spring term course.
January – March
- Early January: Winter term Lab class (BUS 34702) begins.
- Firms submit evaluations of their intern’s performance.
- Late March: Winter term Lab course ends.
- Early April: Spring term Lab class (BUS 34702) begins.
- Firms submit midterm and final evaluations of their intern’s performance.
- Early June: Spring term Lab course ends.
- International students on F-1 or J-1 visas must conclude PE/VC Lab internships no later than June 4, 2022.
- Students not on international visas may continue their internships into the summer, depending on the respective firm’s need and resources. This is discussed on an individual basis between the student and the firm.