The Polsky Incubator provides dedicated space with the Polsky Exchange, mentorship, and support to early-stage startups, helping them achieve critical milestones and grow into sustainable businesses. The Polsky Incubator is for ambitious startups that are built to scale quickly. Teams committed and equipped with the skills necessary to solve an important problem for a large number of users are encouraged to apply. For teams that have a prototype built, a team in place, and are up and running, the Polsky Incubator is a great option.
Companies accepted into the Polsky Incubator get to work with and learn from other committed, full-time entrepreneurs and receive the following benefits:
- Community: Opportunities to network and learn from other incubator companies, and be active in the Polsky community by attending monthly cohort-only workshops, preferential access to expert office hours, and regular goal-setting and accountability meetings with program staff.
- Mentoring: Individual sessions with experienced startup CEOs and Executives-in-Residence, focused on product development, goal setting, and accountability.
- Introductions: Customized introductions to experts in your field through the Polsky Center’s extensive network.
- Training: Monthly training sessions and preferential access to all workshops and classes.
- Legal Support: Dedicated legal support through the UChicago Law School Innovation Clinic.
- Office Space: Dedicated desk, storage space, mail, and meeting rooms for conducting business activities.
Companies accepted into the Polsky Incubator pay $200 per month per desk. The Polsky Center does not take equity in Incubator companies, but does reserve the right to invest in the next institutional round of funding.