The Entrepreneurship through Acquisition (ETA) Masterclass is designed for individuals interested in acquiring and operating small businesses. This 3.5-day program aims to provide tools, education, and a peer network to embrace the opportunities and address the challenges of buying and building a business. Through expert-led seminars, roundtable discussions, and networking, this Masterclass will provide unparalleled learning experiences and access to a network of professionals pursuing the search fund model. The ETA Masterclass is led by Chicago Booth faculty Brian O’Connor, founder and managing partner of NextGen Growth Partners; and Mark Agnew, adjunct associate professor and former CEO and president of Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria. Together they are two of the nation’s foremost educators on ETA.
Entrepreneurship through acquisition rests at the intersection of academia and the private sector, and this masterclass will blend the vast knowledge and insight of academia with the wisdom and experience of practicing professionals.
PROGRAM STRUCTURE //
The 3.5-day masterclass will deliver an immersive experience for both deep learning and networking. Attendees can expect to dive into case studies, panel discussions, and be presented with a variety of materials on the entire ETA process, from thesis ideation, to capital raising, to the acquisition, to creating shareholder value.
PROGRAM LOCATION //
This program will be held at the The University of Chicago Booth School of Business Robert Rothman, ’77, London Campus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND //
- Individuals seeking to learn more about the asset class, whether considering pursuing the field as a searcher or investor.
- Search fund investors, searchers and operators interested in building their networks.
KEY TAKEAWAYS //
- Learn the skills, discipline, methods and strategies for effectively engaging in the ETA ecosystem
- Build a personal, customized toolkit to apply impactful and innovative solutions across the rapidly growing ETA landscape
- Access a diverse learning community and network of key ETA industry leaders for potential collaborations and partnerships