The Polsky Incubator provides space, mentorship, and support to early-stage startups, helping them achieve critical milestones and grow into sustainable businesses.
Who Should Apply?
The Incubator is open to early-stage startups with a dedicated, full-time team. Current participants include entrepreneurs from the South Side of Chicago, recent UChicago graduates, graduate school alumni, faculty, and staff.
How Would My Company Benefit?
- Mentoring: Individual sessions with experienced startup CEOs and Executives-in-Residence, focused on product development, goal setting, and accountability.
- Introductions: Customized introductions to experts in your field through Polsky Center’s extensive network.
- Training: Monthly training sessions on topics such as pitching investors or sales, with expert speakers and coaches. You will receive preferential access to all workshops and classes.
- Legal Support: Dedicated legal support through the UChicago Law School Innovation Clinic.
- Office Space: Dedicated desk, storage space, mail, and meeting rooms for conducting business activities.
- Community: Opportunities to network and learn from other incubator companies, and be active in the Polsky community.
How Much Does it Cost?
Companies pay $200 per month per desk. The Polsky Center does not take equity in Incubator companies, but does reserve the right to invest in the next institutional round of funding.
The deadline to apply for the October 2017 - March 2018 term is Friday, September 1, 2017 at 5 pm. Early submissions are encouraged; we will begin to review applications quickly. If you have questions about the Polsky Incubator, contact Steph Avalos-Bock, Assistant Director of Educational Programming. Apply here.