Data Science for Social Good Data Fest
Join Data Science and Public Policy at the University of Chicago for Data Science for Social Good Data Fest on Wednesday, August 15. This event is an opportunity for attendees to work through lightening talks and interactive demonstrations with six teams that participated in the Data Science for Social Good (DSSG) Summer Fellowship. The Summer Fellowship program trains data scientists to tackle pressing problems in education, public health, public safety, workplace safety, tenant rights, criminal justice, and more.
This summer, 23 DSSG fellows have been working with non-profit and government partners with the goal of creating innovative, data-driven approaches for:
- Early detection of diabetes in Chicago
- Preventing incarceration in Kansas
- Increasing high school graduation in El Salvador
- Improving traffic safety in Jakarta
- Supporting proactive outreach to reduce harassment of tenants in New York
- Increasing workspace safety in Chile
Register to celebrate the culmination of this year’s fellowship over food and drinks. >>
*Validated parking will be available at the venue.