Chicago Quantum Summit 2021
The fourth annual Chicago Quantum Summit will be a daylong program of presentations and discussions focusing on growing quantum ecosystems, commercializing research, and considering complex issues such as workforce development and inclusion — on both local and global scales. The event, hosted by the Chicago Quantum Exchange, will bring together academic, government, and industry leaders to discuss how the field can strengthen and expand the quantum ecosystem, on local and global scales.
The Summit is a hybrid event. Virtual participation is broadly available.
Building a vibrant quantum ecosystem requires a diverse, quantum-ready workforce and practical pathways to commercializing technologies and the Summit will address both areas in panels and presentations given by some of the world’s leading minds in quantum information science.
Featured speakers include:
- Paul Alivisatos, President of the University of Chicago
- JB Pritzker, Governor of Illinois
- David Awschalom, Liew Family Professor of Molecular Engineering, University of Chicago; Senior Scientist, Argonne National Laboratory; Director of the Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Charles Tahan, Assistant Director for Quantum Information Science and Director, National Quantum Coordination Office, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Jesse Robbers, Executive Board Member and Director, Industry and Digital Infrastructure of Quantum Delta NL
- Paul Dabbar, Chairman and CEO of Bohr Quantum Technologies
- Vanessa Z. Chan, Chief Commercialization Officer and Director of the Office of Technology Transitions, Department of Energy
- Diana Franklin, Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Chicago; Karen Jo Matsler, Assistant Professor of Practice, University of Texas Arlington; Ezekiel Johnston-Halperin, Professor of Physics, The Ohio State University; Thomas Searles, Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois Chicago; M. Ofelia Aguirre Paden, Director of the Center for Science and Engineering Partnerships (CSEP) at the University of California Santa Barbara; Moderator: Linda Sapochak, Division Director, Division of Materials Research, National Science Foundation
- Mirella Koleva, CEO & Co-founder, Quantopticon; Keith Evans, CEO and Co-founder, Great Lakes Crystal Technologies; Michael Flatté, Founder, QuantCAD; Pranav Gokhale, CEO and Co-founder, Super.tech; Kanav Setia, Co-founder and CEO, qBraid; Carol Scarlett, Founder, Axion Technologies, LLC; Moderator: Liz Ruetsch, GM, Quantum Engineering Solutions, Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Doug Finke, Publisher and Managing Editor of the Quantum Computing Report
- Cathy Foley, Chief Scientist of Australia