Application Deadline: Business Development Fellows
As part of the effort to support accelerated venture creation in deep tech, the Polsky Center seeks Business Development (BD) fellows to act as business leads for selected deep tech ventures participating in The Compass accelerator. BD fellows are individuals who aspire to 1) gain experience in venture creation and entrepreneurship; lead a deep technology organization, and 2) gain insights into science and technology industries. Business development fellows will support the launch of new startups based on deep tech research at the University of Chicago. BD fellows will collaborate closely with the founding scientific team who have created these innovative technologies and who have set forth a vision for the company. Fellows will have the opportunity to lead the business development efforts of high potential technologies and engage with investors and industry partners on behalf of the venture.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
• Demonstrated commitment and interest in entrepreneurship.
• Experience in business or product development within a scientific or technology company or working within a startup environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to be proactive and to follow through with an attention to detail.
• Proven track record of working independently, being goal-oriented, and being innovative.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and oversee complex projects, and meet deadlines for deliverables.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
The internship will be compensated for the duration of the Compass accelerator (January – June 2022), and offer possible opportunities for long-term engagement with the startup, as defined by the BD fellow and the scientific founding team.