Alumni New Venture Challenge Kick-Off (ANVC): Webinar #1
Launching this year, the Alumni New Venture Challenge (ANVC) track will be the fifth track of the Polsky Center’s nationally-ranked Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge. The Alumni New Venture Challenge (ANVC) is open to all University of Chicago alumni who are in the process of launching and developing their startup ventures. In this first year, the ANVC will launch in five regions: East Coast, Midwest, West Coast, Europe, and Asia. It will follow a similar phased timeline and rigorous, milestone-driven structure that is found in all tracks of the existing NVC. Semifinals will be hosted in each local region and the finals will be held in Chicago on May 2, 2019.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Venture must be led by an alum of the University of Chicago as of application date
- Venture must be original and have commercial promise
- Venture must be a for-profit enterprise
- Venture must not have participated in any of the NVC tracks
- Venture must have less than $1M USD in annual revenue
- Venture must not have raised more than $1M USD in total debt/invested equity
- Venture must be less than 5 years old
- Venture must be incorporated
- Alums may submit their application to only one participating region
- Alums may submit multiple companies
- Venture is not eligible to apply to any other track of the NVC in the same year
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
If you are thinking about applying to the ANVC, join the Polsky Center for a webinar on Thursday, November 8 at one of these scheduled times:
- Webinar #1: 5 a.m. PT / 7 a.m. CT / 8 a.m. ET
- Webinar #2: 10 a.m. PT / 12 noon CT / 1 p.m. ET
- Webinar #3: 5 p.m. PT / 7 p.m. CT / 8 p.m. ET
At each of these sessions, you will get all of your questions answered on how to apply to the ANVC and learn best practices on how to write the application’s feasibility summary. Each session will provide the same content.
Additional details and eligibility requirements can be found at ChicagoNVC.com. >>
A Webex webinar link for the info session will be provided the week before to all webinar registrants.